Wednesday, January 16, 2008

V.A. - Pierre's Plastic Dream

This CD collects most of the material where Pierre Tubbs was involved in. Especially the "Our Plastic Dream" tracks are all Rubble styled songs and will please the psych-pop heads. This CD was released on the Market Square label (Market Square MSMCD 101 / 1999).

Tracklist:
01. Our Plastic Dream - Someone Turned The Light Out
[previously unreleased / 1967]

Personnel: Pierre Tubbs (lead gtr, vcls), Paul Bedwell (bs, vcls), Bob Moore (perc, vcls), Julian Ferrari (drms, vcls).

Band origin: London

02. Our Plastic Dream - A Little Bit Of Shangrila
03. Our Plastic Dream - Encapsulated Marigold

taken from the single

A Little Bit Of Shangrila/Encapsulated Marigold (Go AJ 11411) 1967

Personnel/Band origin: see Track 1

04. Our Plastic Dream - Paint Yourself

05. Our Plastic Dream - Rubber Gun
[previously unreleased / 1967]

Personnel/Band origin: see Track 1

06. Owl - Shades Of Blue & Greenwater Flies

07. Owl - Run To The Sun

taken from the single

Run To The Sun/Shadows Of Blue And Green Water Flies
(United Artists UP 2240) 1968

Personnel: Vince Edwards (vcls), Pierre Tubbs (lead gtr, vcls), Paul Bedwell (bs, vcls), Rob Tait (drms).

Band origin: London

08. Jeeps - Love Is A Sometime Thing

09. Jeeps - Don't Come Running Back

10. Jeeps - That Was The Good Life

[previously unreleased / 1966]

Personnel: Bob Moore (vcls), Pierre Tubbs (gtr, vcls), Paul Bedwell (bs, vcls), Julian Ferrari (drms, vcls).

Band origin: London

11. Jeeps - Ain't It A Great Big Laugh

12. Jeeps - I Put On My Shoes
taken from the single
Ain't It A Great Big Laugh/I Put On My Shoes (Strike JH 315) 1966

Personnel/Band origin: see Track 8

13. Jeeps - Here's A Heart

14. Jeeps - Don't Do It
[previously unreleased / 1966]

Personnel/Band origin: see Track 8

15. Jeeps with JJ Jackson - Come See Me
16. Jeeps with JJ Jackson - But It's Alright

taken from the single

Come See Me/But It's Alright (Strike JH 329) 1966

Personnel/Band origin: see Track 8

17. Silence - You And Me

[previously unreleased / 1966]

Personnel: Bob Moore (vcls), Pierre Tubbs (gtr, vcls), Paul Bedwell (bs, vcls), Julian Ferrari (drms, vcls).

Band origin: London

18. Silence - Hey You Lolita

19. Silence - Wanda
taken from the single
Hey You Lolita/Wanda (Red Bird RB 10-062) 1966
Personnel/Band origin: see Track 17

20. Silence - Julie September
21. Silence - Did He Run

[previously unreleased / 1966]

Personnel/Band origin: see Track 17


Get it here (Artwork included)


Listen to Our Plastic Dream - Paint Yourself

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!superb music here!thanks to you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend, thank you for sharing this music, which is very difficult to find it,

I'm looking for a band called Zen from Netherlands, hair the name of the album.

frumious bandersnatch said...

long deleted & so very hard to find comp... Never heard it until now but it looks very interesting & just my cup of tea. Thank you for one more great post !!

Anonymous said...

Buffalo Billycan,Great Blog Do You Have The Balloon Farm Thank You Carlos

Buffalo Billycan said...

@ juan ramírez: I have the Zen album and will posted it in a few days.

@ carlos: To my knowledge the Balloon Farm made only two 45's. I have only their debut 7-inch that I could post. Do we talk about the same Balloon Farm?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this ultrarare compilation!!! Very good.

The Bomber said...

MAN ... GREAT POST ... I MEAN ... GREAT JOB ... EXCELLENT AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND EACH ALBUM ...

DO YOU WANT TO EXCHANGE LINKS ???
ILL PUT YOU IN MY FRIENDS LINK MAN... AMAZING BLOG...NICE IF YOU COULD DO THE SAME ...
PABLO

WWW.MZA-ACID.BLOGSPOT.COM
WWW.MZA-GARAGE.BLOGSPOT.COM

GREETINGS

Buffalo Billycan said...

Hi Pablo,

I have link you. It would be nice, if you could place my link on the "WWW.MZA-ACID.BLOGSPOT.COM".

Anonymous said...

BUffalo Billycan , hi The Balloon Farm Have a cd with 24 tracks i think on it, they had the hit called a "question of balance" thank you Carlos

Buffalo Billycan said...

Sorry Carlos, I have never heard of a CD with 24 tracks by the Balloon Farm (and to be honest I doubt that one exists). I'm also pretty sure that you mean the song "A Question Of Temperature" not "Balance". To my knowledge the band haven't released more than two singles plus one under the name "Huck Finn". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for trying, i think your right, too bad they were a good band! Carlos

Anonymous said...

I bought this cd 3 or 4 years ago but I don't remember if I listened it and where is it(cover is not great).Thanks for the post;I download it and will listen.

ge said...

Huzzah Huzzah! Now this is the way I like it I tell you!